Saturday, January 18, 2014

Freshen Up the Interior

Since I had everything apart I decided the interior of the Nova needed a little freshening up as well. The dash pad, door panels and front seat were shot but the carpet, headliner and back seat were fine.So I decided to "freshen" the interior. Here's the before shot:
While I was working on the heater a new dash pad was put in and I rattle canned the dash. The door panels were replaced with new ones from Classic Industries and I took the front seat to Marce at Surf City Upholstery to have him match the velour that is on the back seat from the previous owner's recover.


I've still got to find a door pull and trim for the door panels,and there are lots of little pieces that could be replaced, but its looking much better. Here's the result so far.



3 comments:

  1. Im thinking of buying a 73 nova but worried about the big bumpers and how hard is to tuck them in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 73 Chevy Nova I hate the big bumpers.what year can I use for replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We reused the original bumpers. Unbolt them, remove the plastic filler and remount closer to the body. They look 100% better. 73 dont have any bumper shocks so the relocate is simple.

    ReplyDelete